Joel and Carol are Founders of Tenderhearted Ministries, former Senior Pastors of Regeneration Church and Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselors, members of the National Christian Counselors Association, and the American Association of Christian Counselors. Joel holds a Master’s Degree in Christian Education and Carol holds a Ph.D. in Clinical Pastoral Counseling.
Joel and Carol minister to the broader Body of Christ through conferences, seminars, counseling, and Tenderhearted Ministries which is seen weekly on Cable Television.
This couple’s vision is to see people’s lives changed and made whole through knowing the Father’s love. Whether single or married their “Tenderhearted” message is devoted to bringing healing, wholeness, restoration, and reconciliation to the whole person. As Pastors and Counselors, they bring fresh insight and shed light on every-day relationship issues and how to process through them with the love of Christ and the truth of His Word. With Godly wisdom they teach how to apply that knowledge to daily life.
Using their own life experience, as well as, the practical application of the Bible, they bring a relevant message to the needs we all face today from raising families to resolving problems in dating and marriage. Joel and Carol minister to marriages, families, and individual lives, as well as to Pastors and Leaders with a heart to see restoration take place. Their desire is to see that the plans and purposes of God are fulfilled in people’s lives.
Their lives are built on the truth found in Ephesians 4:32, “And become useful and helpful and kind to one another, tenderhearted (compassionate, understanding, loving-hearted), forgiving one another (readily and freely), as God in Christ forgave you”. (Amplified Bible)
1. The Bible is our foundation for life. We believe the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, infallible, and able to transform the lives of those who hear, read, meditate, and practically apply it to daily life. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
2. In one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God who came to this earth as Savior of the world for all who receive Him as their Savior. We can have a personal relationship with God through salvation, God's free gift to man. John 10:30
3. Jesus died on the cross and shed his blood for the forgiveness of our sins. We believe that salvation is the free gift of God found by placing our faith in what Jesus did for us on the cross. We believe Jesus Christ rose from the dead and is coming again. 1 Peter 3:18
4.The empowerment and infilling of the Holy Spirit is available to all who believe in Christ to produce Godly transformation within our lives. Acts 1:8
5. Prayer is the way to living in a vital relationship with God. We believe that prayer is invaluable in the Christian life. Through prayer we not only receive answers from our Heavenly Father, but experience His power as well. 1 John 5:14-15
6. We believe in the importance of unconditional love as demonstrated first to us by Christ. Therefore, we desire to foster an atmosphere of genuine love, acceptance, and forgiveness toward every person so that they may grow and mature into their destiny in Christ Jesus. 1 Corinthians 13:8
To bring forth a relevant message of Christ and His great love for all people. To teach, train, and disciple people how to apply biblical principles to their every day life so that true transformation, restoration and reconciliation can take place.
Tenderhearted Ministries is a non-denominational, non-profit, Christian Ministry, whose primary purpose is to help people enter into a process of allowing God, through Christ, to heal our damaged emotions and bring restoration and reconciliation into our relationships.
This is accomplished through a friendly teaching and sharing environment using Biblical principles.
Tenderhearted ministers to people by teaching them how to apply God's word to their daily relationships so that healing, restoration and reconciliation may occur.
We do this by becoming honest, open and transparent with God, ourselves and others; allowing the Lord to remove the walls of fear, pride, rejection, hurt, mistrust, unforgiveness, and anger that have separated us, not only from God, but from ourselves and others as well.
Tenderhearted Ministries is founded on Ephesians 4:32, “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.”
Pastors Joel and
Carol Silberman, Ph.D.
Clinical Pastoral Counselors
NCCA & AACC
Can be viewed on Cable TV and Queens Public Television
Channel 20Thursday 4pm-5pm
Channel 20 Thursday 4pm-5pm
Queens Public Television
Channel 79 Monday 5pm-6pm
Queens Public Television
Channel 34Friday 6pm-7pm